Monday, January 19, 2009

Blue sun days

I noticed a lifting of spirits with the first sunny day since I've been back. And today is even better. When I walked through Pease Park this morning, I saw many little kids with parents off for MLK day. 

Yesterday I noticed a 3 legged deer limp past my grand-mother's kitchen window. I noticed a cat dart out from beneath a car. I noticed how nice it is to go into Whole Foods with some one else. To follow someone to the dessert section and not cut my own path through busy buyers.

Now I am noticing new bands. It took my aunt to tune me in, no pun intended, to the amount of free streaming music available on i-tunes radio. Now, I'm listening to the station "Whisky from a Wire" in the alternative category. And they just played Brett Dennen, who I'll see on friday! "Darling, do not fear what you don't really know"

No comments: