Wednesday, July 27, 2011

From July 18th, time with Family in Maine and Clint and Emily's Wedding










I got to drive up from Boston Logan International Airport to the middle of no where town of Mariaville Maine with my brother. We rented a car. I hadn't seen Joe in over a year and a half. I'm grateful for the time and conversation in the car, through the traffic cones and the rain storms. My brother's efforts to find a job in his field in the NW have finally paid off since he moved there two years ago. He just started a job at an architecture firm in Bellingham under syncronistic events.

I had a few days to unwind with the whole family together in my old bedroom, listening to the brook behind the house, picking blueberries down the road, sitting around a campfire swatting a plethora of mosquitoes on a full moon night, kayaking out to the loons on the lake, cooking dinner with my mom, walking with my sister, going to the beach and meditating together. Wish I'd had more time with my dad though, next time :)

Then we met my brother (who'd disapeared for the bachelor party and rehearsal dinner) in Boothbay Harbor, Maine for the wedding of a mutual friend. Clint, my class mate from Kindergarten, and Emily, a wonderful woman he met in Australia on study abroad, got married on the ocean. A few of my other classmates were there too, some I hadn't seen since 8th grade graduation! We had a smart class! Most are doing such interesting, ambitious things. I love how weddings bring people together. Sometimes it seems like it is more of a gift to the relaxing participants than the bride and groom who had to do all the organizing and financing and remembering of sometimes traditional/expected recitations and rituals. Thought, I'm sure the bride and groom enjoyed the sense of this gift and the relief of the planning/waiting phase being over through a ceremonial transition in front of all the witnesses they love.The wedding was beautiful and was indeed a gift to be part of. Thank you Clint and Emily for inviting me and bringing everyone together! Thank you for the bonus lobster dinner, dancing into the night and thank you source for the happiness and blue skies presiding.

No comments: