Saturday, January 28, 2012

Vision Collage for 2012



I went to a gathering at Adonna's with about 8 other women. After potluck dinner, we started ripping out magazine images that we were drawn to to use in our individual vision collages for 2012. My dual words for the year are "Guided" and "Light-hearted". The idea for an abstract vision collage of colors and textures and light started emerging as I kept ripping out those things from the pages - intentionally not choosing anything identifiable. I wanted to convey the mystery and the unknown and the feeling of light-heartedness in the darkness that comes with feeling guided. The beauty in the darkness. I also wanted to look at the collage and be reminded of the energy and the ability inside myself to validate my intuition and listen to it. I chose black poster board for the back ground and incorporated gold foil I gleefully found in the pile of magazines. I wanted to do something that would surprise myself and others - that would be different from the usual way of making a collage - there's a challenge and a thrill for me that comes with being able to do that.

No comments: