Saturday, February 4, 2012

Poem from the end of the evening

How important it is to keep expanding the heart. Letting anything in to my heart that is causing negative emotions. To picture the person or situation that is causing negativity, to picture them in my heart and to really feel them there. Its a giving of that thing from my mind to my heart, because my heart can hold it, but my mind will only spin on it. And to give it whole heartedly to my heart (or your spirit guide or whatever works for you) and not pick it back up again.

The more my heart can hold the things that irritate/anger/sadden/hurt me than the more open I am to presence/connection with mystery/god/source/etc.  I'm excited to be practicing this and feeling it work, not just reading about it. I greeted today with the intention that this would be an expanding of the heart day and  a lightness of the heart day. And it has been.

"Prayer is an awareness and very often a waiting"

Poem from the end of the evening:

I think I hear thunder,
But it must only be a plane,
A painting of a lightening storm
Hangs on the wall,
Of the place I am housesitting for,
February chill stalls outside,
Solitude redeems the space,
I do not wish to fill it,
With anything but poetry,
Listening, and light-heartedness.
What wants to form?
What is waiting to be born?
From this well of stillness,
That was here all along?
Pay attention, expect to find,
A story in the void,
Waiting to arise,
Beauty in the abyss,
More than ready to shine.

No comments: