Thursday, June 4, 2009

monday 6/1

Monday: I went to Albuquerque for the first time (other than airport, out skirts) - never really cared to go. I didn't feel any connection to the city, but I didn't see much of it. I did enjoy some of the unexpected quirky aspects - like streets named after various categories like metals, minerals, trees, etc. I like the southwest style street signs and the teal lamposts too. This venture into ABQ was for a concert, Animal Collective. And to meet a new girl in Santa Fe, Dory, who contacted me through couchsurfing.com, looking for friends her own age to go to the concert with. Its always interesting to meet people face to face when you've only had internet/phone contact with them prior. Are you going to get along? Are they going to be like how you thought? Does their appearance match their voice? And what about that thing that people come into your lives because you draw them to you and vice versa. 

Oh, I have to add: At the concert, I ran into the girl from the tea house and her boy friend who is brothers with a girl I went to school with at College of the Atlantic. 


No comments: