Thursday, June 4, 2009

Tuesday 6/2

tuesday: A new room and a new house mate happened that day. I met my third room mate finally, very cool, only to find out she's leaving and had just posted her room on craigslist. Within 5 hours a new house mate visits and decides the place is for her. She just drove here from Chicago. Meanwhile, I get to move rooms and save money! and officially unpack, settle in. A painting, another art piece, ottoman, a lamp, table, chair, vases, mini-tin camping teacups donated by my friends fill the space well. Found a gold/tea kettle china blue silky blanket from India? with elephants! Rummaged through the garage full of interesting things including a jeep that no one's driving, and found exactly what I was looking for, an extension cord and a space heater. And luckily in my closet, I unfolded a queen size comforter, sheets and a special foam pillow for the huge bed that comes in my new room. All, of this stuff and rummaging was okayed by the way by my house mate. 

Its just amazing how much surplus some people have! I noticed it with this place I'm living now and then again when I helped my landlords from last summer move homes on Sunday. I don't ever want that much stuff! But its wonderful to find it when you need it and then leave it behind for someone else! My boss even told me that she has two spare bianchi bikes and I'm welcome to borrow one for the summer! A similar bike situation happened last summer where someone gave me a bike, except that time, it came with the condition that I pass it on to someone else when I left, which I did.

No comments: