Sunday, March 20, 2011

Road trip from Santa Fe to Marfa..... 3/16/11



Pulled into Marfa last night. Daeryl greeted the 4 of us and showed us our cozy abode for the night - an airstream in her backyard. Perfect.

Interlude.

We are sitting at Squeeze Marfa now. Kristin just looked over at me and said, "God, Jeanne, I love those earrings!" with a funny smile. Mae asked, "did you give them to her?" Kristin nodded, "The earrings said they needed to be on Jeanne's ears." I smiled. I like wearing and bringing things on my travels that were my friends.

The food is arriving at our picnic table. I ordered a Forbidden Fruit smoothie. It is yummy, contains pink guava and passion fruit. Its me, Kristin, Mae and Mae's friend Caitlin on our road trip from Santa Fe to SXSW in Austin.

We are reminiscing about the spirit/clairvoyant group session we just experienced last night with Daeryl - our couchsurfing host and my friend (since a previous road trip of mine from Santa Fe to Austin a year and a half ago). That time I was solo, but Daeryl and I immediately got along. Daeryl is a wise woman/clairvoyant of sorts and she used to be a graphic designer before she switched careers. For the past 5 years, she has lived in Marfa, TX with her artist husband (who used to live in Santa Fe for 25 years when it was a very different place than it is now). I did not meet her husband last time I was here because he was a on a road trip himself with their airstream. This time he and the airstream are here. And the four of us girls got to sleep in the airstream - slumber party style.

Before sleeping however, we had some interesting events to experience.

First, we walked to the Get Go, a healthfood store/grocery, with Daeryl for dinner ingredients: pasta, apsaragus, cheese, crackers, wine, beer to add to my collard greens, carrots and apples from Trader Joe's. But before cooking dinner together, we all had a spirit talk. The four of us sat in a semi-circle around Daeryl in her living room.

Interlude.

Now we are back in the car and I'm completing my entry after leaving Squeeze Marfa and the food. We are listening to a SXSW playlist and gazing at the gorgeous west Texas landscape stretching out in front and behind.

Back to the spirit talk. Daeryl began by closing her eyes and calling in her spirit guide. She gave us an overall description of our group energy. That we are all extremely different people and that our souls have known each other in past lives and that we will have a good time together on the road trip.

Then she focused on each of us individually. I was first, after I repeated my name 3 times, she got an overall image of my energy and translated it into words. Basically, she said she got an image of a straight line going along like a skier on straight ground and then it flipped up like a snowboarder halfpipe, went full circle and continued along on the straight path. She said this picture represents my energy and life - going along practically and responsibly and then going "wheeeee" for a while and coming full circle to continue along on the path I left off on. She said I am about to do this "wheeeee" right now in my life and to go with it and relax into it and trust it. That I will do this a lot in my life. She could not have been more accurate about that - I am about to take off from the practical working, studious path, and go airborne in a sense to a country I've never been to learn a language I don't know and meet entirely new people. And I'm excited for it!

She then asked me if there were certain questions I had and to state any topic I was interested in knowing more about. I said there were 3 topics: Guatemala, the spiritual internship in Albuquerque, and my relationship. I'm not going to post everything here though. But it was very interesting. You can read into these things however you want - and there is always going to be some slant that fits spot-on if you choose to see it that way. Its also an interpretation/translation of energy that is sooooo dynamic. Nothing is static and set the way its going to be. Take the advice and wisdom that helps, but also don't let it dictate your decisions.

The best advice Daeryl gave us girls, applicable to all, is, don't settle for just a piece of the pie. Know you deserve the whole and that sometimes the pieces are necessary to ready you for the whole.

No comments: