Sunday, March 20, 2011

Sitting in front of Crimson - 3/19/11

I'm sitting in front of my aunt's hairdressing studio in Austin waiting for my friend Jenny to pick me up. The studio is called Crimson and its on 8th and West. The air is balmy, breezy, humid and the skies are overcast. 11:15 am. Writing, waiting, looking up. The trees are green, new spring green, or bare. Some have flowers. White, purple, yellow. Parking is full and traffic steady.

Later in the day, I think I'll go to Fliphappy crepes and Barton Springs. Bathing suit is on under the clothes. 70ยบ and rising.

Free music in the p.m. Bright Eyes, The Felice Brothers, and Middle Brother, all favorites I've seen in some form or another before.

I had a late start this morning because the clock beside my bed was an hour off and I didn't know it. The gray skies kept me in the dark. Lazy morning. Left over Texas Bass and jalepeno cornbread for breakfast.

The sun is beginning to poke its nose through the haze. A little bug keeps trying to land on my finger while I write. Now its on the bird print on my skirt, now the wind carries it off. I see Jenny driving up....

No comments: