Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Notes from trip to Steamboat Springs, CO, mid- december





Quick trip to Steamboat mid December to meet Stirling's dad and store some of his stuff up there. Our first little road trip. Beautiful times, weather, hot springs, getting a ski lesson with his dad. Then braking my wrist snowboarding the following day at the bottom of the slope on the last run, of course. I found out it was broken a few days later when I went back to Santa Fe (where I have health coverage) and got an ex-ray and cast put on. Cast on for 6 weeks, a clean fracture. Should heal totally fine, just take some time. The weird thing is, I got injured this exact week the year before while sledding  (concussion). Life's just telling me to slow down whenever I start getting too fast. I am done the film fest work and have a bit of a break until new work comes in, which I trust it will. It will give me some time to be still and take it easy. No rush.

No comments: