Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Trip to Mexico End of Jan beginning of Feb 2013





Notes from my first trip to Mexico: Guanuato, Guadalajara, San Miguel, Quereterro

1/31/13
I'm in Guanuato, Mexico right now. Its good just to be taking it easy. I'm staying at my friend Kristin's parent's guest house. Normally, they rent it out, but vacancy this week and a free plane ticket, the chance to visit mexico with my friend and get away from Santa Fe's winter for a few weeks made the decision to come pretty easy. My cast on my wrist (from snowboarding) came off a few days before I flew here. It feels strange, but is healing well. 

I'm lucky I get to do so much traveling and learning and simplifying and slowing down while doing so, more than I used to anyway. I'm learning how not to pack quite so much stuff in. 

2/2/13 
A horse just paced past my wind. I am trying to practice Spanish. Tomorrow, we leave Guanuato and head for San Miguel, just to see it, then on to Queretero. Then I go back to Guadalajara to fly out. Guanuato has been a cool place to see and hang out with all its windy, colorful colonial streets. We went in the Diego Rivera museum the other day and hung out at a hotel pool this afternoon. Its been a lazy vacation. I've also been working though - every day doing some freelance work, ads, media kits that sort of thing long distance. Its cool I can take my work with me. When I return, I will start a tutoring job through the rest of spring though for some extra income and stability.

2/8/13
2nd to last day in Mexico. Its gone by fast. I'm in Guanuato in an awesome eco-hostel writing on the roof top. Sunny, tranquil days. I love this town. Its hip, happy and cultural. Last night, Kristin and I just walked around the town amazed at how many people were out and about enjoying the night and the community. I am ready to go home though. I miss someone more than I ever have before and I can't wait to be in his arms again. 


No comments: