Saturday, November 22, 2014

Final day in Cartagena







My last day in Caragena was a good one. I went on a field trip with some other students from the language school and visited a remote village, salt flats and beaches. I swam in the ocean with a few other students with no one else on the beach, lovely and refreshing. The activity was included in my classes. I feel a little more confident being able to talk to people. It was definitely a good idea to take a week of classes. Rosetta stone is helping too. I also learned of www.duolingo.com that has free language instruction and www.italki.com that connects you with private language tutors around the world to learn via skype for about $9-11/hour or exchange classes for free.

I'll be in Cali later today and am looking forward to exploring there. I hope it is less humid than Cartagena!

No comments: