Sunday, October 7, 2012

Bits and Pieces from The Summer of Dreams July 201...

7/4
"To enact a vision quest is to clear a space" (213, Soul Craft)

"...To quest is to honor a fallow time in our spiritual lives, an emptiness into which something utterly new and generative might enter."

"Ceremonial descent to find our own soul image and derive deeper clarity regarding the purpose and meaning of our life.

Read Yeat's book "A Vision"

The thought, the longing, just exploded in my mind for some reason reading those words. How I want someone to share this journey with!

7/7
From Full Body Prescence:
"When we are focused on a future goal or expectation, the act of judging whether we've reached that goal or not separates us from the actual experience of the present moment." (56)

7/11
My intuition, my body, my emotions. Such an incredible resource. I am so grateful for them. I am more comfortable with myself now, tapping into these resources, than I have ever been in my adult life. Even though life and situations have been uncomfortable this year, I am increasingly more comfortable with myself, my soul, who I am and with the unknowing of who I am becoming.

7/27
What can I shed from my last chapter of life in order to better serve? The mask you wear. The one that hides how bright, radiant and spiritual you really are. Why have I been wearing it? To blend in and not be noticed, to not cause conflict or unwanted attention, to be nice and appropriate. Now you have the opportunity and the courage and the greater longing for authenticity, you have the ability to explain and the resilience to not care what others think of you so you can take off the mask now. And be authentically you and therefore authentically represent me.

7/28
dreams
talked to a squirrel. Asked it what its message was: you are not alone. All shall be well. Do not worry. Do not control or hold. Do not possess the disowning as your creation. I feel so sad tonight. Lonely. Why is it so hard to be connected? Why do the days feel so long? Remember, love yourself as is where you are at now. Messages:
- trust intuition even when you don't like what it says
- hold space, not getting attached to any one thing
- trust my ability to connect with healthy resources
- love myself where I am and trust that unknowing (recurring!)
- set bounderies
- be less timid/agreeable and more assertive/confident (embrace masculine side)
- slow down, cut back and simplify. Be discerning about my activities and who I spend time with

7/29
I've come to appreciate more and more the tears and sadness when it comes. I haven't had much of it since June. I think so much released Dec - June. With the start of summer, there was a passing. But I'm more okay with the downswings and the upswings both now. I think I'm on an upswing again now. It is equally challenging to not hold on to the upswing as it is to accept the downswing!! Now I have to practice the unattachement where as before I'd just started feeling more comfortable about the not resisting the down times! Oh life :)

7/30
The name Malidome Some floating in my mind upon awakening this morning. The final day of no food in 4. End fast. How wonderful food is and how wonderful my body for accepting so well after 4 days, amazing!

7/31
Notes from an article on Gandi's life:
- Eat simply and in small dishes
- Accumulate less, declutter things you don't need or use
- simplify what you do and how much
- let your life be your message


No comments: