Sunday, February 27, 2011

From 10/9/10 - living in a new house

Yesterday was a beautiful day. I appreciate having a kitchen to cook in again. The simple things bring so much happiness. Not having any plans allows me to go with the flow instead of making the flow myself. I ended up getting a haircut with Erin, going to a new Greek food stand called The Nile, and hiking to the top of Atalaya. Then Kristin called me to watch a movie at night. We watched Deadman an old indie western movie with Johnny Depp and Iggy Pop. Then I woke up at 4:30 am this morning, picked Taina up and took off for the Balloon Fiesta in Albuquerque. It was amazing to see all the balloons against the blue sky. I should not have eaten that fried funnel cake though :) Now I'm making fish chowder and writing in my journal before heading over to a pumpkin carving party.

Plans keep getting canceled this week and new ones take their place. Its really a lesson in my relationship to the experiences that are happening more than it is about the experiences themselves.

"Many troubles in our lives stem from not taking 10 minutes of quiet in our day."

No comments: