Sunday, February 27, 2011

From 2/21/11 - on the train to Albuquerque


I like the name Beyla. It is a name mentioned in the book, "The History of Love" by Nicole Klause, which Debbie just lent me and I am reading on the gently swaying train going from Santa Fe to Albuquerque. The book and the name Beyla make me want to write. That is the sign of a good author.

I just had a feeling. A new chapter of life unfolding feeling. I feel how near traveling is, being on this train brings me back to last spring traveling on trains in Taiwan. I feel like I'm home when I'm traveling. It almost doesn't matter where I am going as long as it is some where with unknown possibility. If I went on this train everyday, in an out, the daily grind, to work, I would not feel this way. As it is, I feel like good things are here and good things are coming and I am grateful. I could die now and be satisfied with where I am.

The daily mediation, I get by email every day of course, today had to do with the journey through life. And how the first half of life is all about preparing you for the 2nd half of life. Its necessary to go through it to figure out who you are and all that you really need is to reconnect and realign yourself with source. Its moment like these, traveling on a train I had no idea I would be on when I woke up this morning, that throw me back into the now and give me that desire to recenter. And I feel that centering stillness right now despite the cold air and the static noise coming from the loudspeaker.

No comments: