Sunday, September 20, 2009

From September 12th 2009

From the "Power of Intention" by Wayne Dyer

"Connectors are aware of the need to avoid low energy. They'll quietly retreat from loud, bellicose, opinionated people" (247)

I allowed myself to feel bad because of Jonathan's low energy last night. I could not retreat from his increased bellicosity because I felt somewhat responsible for his well-being, for walking him home without incident because he is my house mate. I had invited him out with my friends in gratitude for his assistance in helping me look at a prospective car. He was so incredibly grateful to go and said it is so good for him to spend time with me because I am so peaceful and calm. Yet for me, In his change from sobriety to altered, aggressive state, I didn't know how to take a step back and gain perspective on the situation. To not take it personally, and to feel good regardless. Normally, I would leave the situation. Well, now my intention is to attract peace into my life and that, as sad as it is, I would never take him with me to any public place where alcohol exists. 

No comments: