Sunday, September 20, 2009

September 7th 2009


Natalie Goldman asks, "What do you connect with?" (109)

I connect with New Mexico. The sun heats me along with the land. The frequent thunderstorms charge me up. I am touched by Spanish spoken in restaurants and horny toads on hiking trails, to other people who are connected. Connections with people who live in connection, laughter and purpose.

"After you have filled a whole notebook in writing practice, read the whole notebook as if it weren't yours. 'What did this person have to say?'" (163)

"That's the great value of art - making the ordinary extraordinary. We awaken ourselves to the life we are living." (164) 

Wow, that relates to what I have discovered as the direction in my work!

"Note where you could have pushed further and out of laziness or avoidance, didn't. See revision as revisioning again." (163) 

"The biggest struggle was not with the actual writing, but working out the fear of success, the fear of failure, and finally burning through to pure activity." (169)


No comments: